Skip to main content

July 22, 2021


Things, Things, and More Things

I promised myself that I would not start off with a numerical count of how many days we have left before we meet again. Simply because I don't want a number staring at me. I don't want to feel that 'feeling' in the pit of my stomach that I only have *so many* days left to sleep in. To not come into work until 9 in the morning and leave at 1. 

Let me tell you. I did try to talk my boss into changing my schedule. I promised great things. Things like I would never ever be in a bad mood-which in itself would be epic. He didn't agree. Said he was willing to deal with it. Was even a little narrow minded about the whole thing, in my opinion. I didn't get my way so now y'all are going to suffer the consequences and you may have to deal with a little bit of a bad mood every once in a while. Drat it all, but you can't blame me for trying.

I wanted to bring a couple of things to your attention. Or at least make things a little easier for you and perhaps a little less stressful. So pay attention. This is important. :)

There have been a few changes in our handbooks and you're going to want to read these. (See? I told you this was important.)

Orientation Day - August 13th
You should have gotten a schedule, but if you didn't or have misplaced your copy, come by the office and pick up another one. We have extra. Or tell you what. You can follow this link to an online copy. Just in case your new copy falls into the abyss of your car. You know the abyss. That special little place between the seat and console that eats everything that falls there and you have to have a super-skinny-skeletal hand to reach between to retrieve your item. Yea. That one. No hand gets out unscathed.

First Day of School? August 16th, 8 am. Anything after 8 am is tardy. Please don't do that to me on the first day. 

Traffic Flow Map, Campus Map
Don't know where drop off and pick up is? Have you blocked it from your memory through this summer? Bless your heart, here's a traffic flow pattern for you. Also. Please remember this is a school and there are, quite often, children walking in the traffic areas. Speed limit is not fast. I repeat. It is not fast. As in 10 mph. We like our children full of form and not flattened. Thank you.


Forms! This is where things get a little tricky. I need those forms. As in, as soon as possible. Like, tomorrow. Or maybe next Tuesday if you want to chat. Seriously. I will harass you if I don't have them. Those little things - as much as you dislike filling them out - tell me who I can release your child to, who cannot pick up your child, what medicine I can give them - or can't, and more. 

I need all of them. And they must be filled out properly, or again, I will get the privilege of harassing you. Which is my favorite. :) Kidding. I only put that in there to see if you're reading all the words. If you are, yay, gold star for you! I appreciate your doing so. *In an effort to get all the paperwork in a timely manner, I will give a bag of candy to the class whose forms are all turned in and properly signed first. In fact, let's make it a little more fun. I will give a bag of candy to the first three classes whose forms are all turned in and signed properly. Good luck!

PE Uniforms and Field Trip Shirts

Every single orientation day that I have been to has been, shall we say, a lot going on. Many people. Which is a good thing. But should you prefer to get ahead of the game and you really don't want to rub elbows with quite so many, you are more than welcome to stop by the elementary office and pick up what you're looking for before then. Give me a call or email me and I'll get it set out and ready for you to swing by and pick up. Early. Boom. You're welcome. Actually, thank you.

Smart Cards are Here!

Speaking of getting ahead of the pack, Smart Cards for Rutherford County are now available in the elementary office. Feel free to stop by and pick up as many as you would like! Just make sure you return any unsold cards by September 3rd or, ahem, you will be charged $20 per card. Which could get expensive. (FYI, we only have Smart Cards for Rutherford County this year. I know the disappointment you're feeling, but it was out of our control.) 

Not sure if you would be interested? What if they don't have the stores you like to frequent? So glad you asked. Click here to see what's included in this year's card. :)


Until next time - remember to keep smiling. It really makes people wonder what you're up to!

Popular posts from this blog

September 14, 2023

  Volleyball 9/14 FH Jenkins, Home, MS - 5:00  9/21 Franklin Christian, Away, MS - 4:30, V - 5:30 9/22 South Haven, Away, MS - 4:00, V - 5:00 Cross Country 9/14 Siegel Invite, Cedars of Lebanon State Park, Varsity only - 4:15 9/21 TIAA Webb School, MS - 4:30 9/25 TSIAA week 4, The Hermitage, MS - 5:20, Varsity - 5:50 10/2 TSIAA week 5, The Hermitage, MS - 5:20, Varsity - 5:50 10/10 TAACS State Championship (Varsity Only) - 12:00 pm 10/16 TSIAA State Championship, Hermitage, TBD Golf 9/21 Cedar Crest/South Haven, 3:00 Soccer 9/14 Temple Powell, Home, 4:00 9/22 Central, Home, 4:00   Tent Revival Time, 9/16 Don't forget to join us for our annual Fall Tent Revival. Saturday kicks off the festivities with a fun carnival for the kids starting at 3:00, (did I mention that it's free?) dinner on the grounds at 5:30, and good old-fashioned preaching starting at 7:00 pm. So bring your bag chair and maybe a lap blanket to cuddle under, and be refreshed and revived.  Sunday - 6:30 with Dav

August 17, 2023

      Volleyball 8/17 FC Boyd, Away, MS - 6:00, VG - 7:00 8/18 Lancaster, Home, VG - 4:00 8/19 Franklin Classical, Away, MS - 12:30, VG - 1:30 8/21 Zion Christian, Home, MS - 4:00, VG - 5:00 Cross Country 8/19 Fairview Moon Light Miles, Fairview High School, late afternoon to evening 9/2 Turn the Page Invite at Vaughn's Gap, 8:00-11:00 am 9/5 TSIAA week 1, The Hermitage, MS - 5:20, HS - 5:50 9/11 TSIAA week 2, The Hermitage, MS - 5:20, HS - 5:50 9/14 Siegel invite, Cedars of Lebanon State Park, Varsity only - 4:45-5:45 9/21 TIAA Webb School, MS - 4:30 9/25 TSIAA week 4, The Hermitage, MS - 5:20, HS - 5:50 10/2 TSIAA week 5, The Hermitage, MS - 5:20, HS - 5:50 10/10 TAACS State Championship (Varsity Only) - 12:00 pm 10/16 TSIAA State Championship, Hermitage, TBD Golf 8/21 Oak Hills/South Haven, Greenbriar, 3:30 8/28 Sculleys/Central, Jackson, 3:00 8/31 Cedar Crest/Pleasant View, Murfreesboro, 3:00 9/8 Valley Brook/Berean, Hixson, 3:00 Soccer 8/21 Berean, Home, 4:00 8/29 Berean, Away

December 28, 2023

         Basketball 1/8 - Christian Community, Home, JVB - 5:00; VG - 6:00; VB - 7:30 1/9 - Pleasant View, Home, MSG - 4:00, MSB - 5:00, VG - 6:00, VB - 7:30 1/11 - Dickson Christian, Away, MSG - 6:00, MSB - 7:00 1/13 - Homecoming - Alumni Recognition - 10:00 1/13 - Franklin Christian, Home - VB - 11:30, VG - 1:00, JVB - 2:30, MSG - 3:30, MSB - 4:30 Christmas Project = Success! If you didn't make it to Christmas Chapel, you really missed out on a great time. As you can see, this is one of the most exciting times of the school year. Congratulations to the B&L Foundation of Shelbyville, we were able to raise $15,105.47 to go toward purchasing paper to print Bibles. And thank you to everyone who came out for the Pink Out for Mrs. Kramer. Your encouragement was felt and appreciated. Spirit Week, 1/8-1/12 School will resume January 8th and it will be a full day full of school spirit, and boy, do the cheerleaders have a great week lined up for you! Monday - Mascot Monday (sports them